By Staff Reporter
Shoprite Supermarket and three (3) other stores, Clicks, Hungry Lion and Pep were caught up by fire in Katima Mulilo on Thursday morning after the power outage at 03hrs.
According to Mr. Vanicious Thabo Shoprite manager for Katima confirmed to Caprivi Vision that the fire was caused by the power outage and the solar panels on standby. “We heard that solar panels caught fire after the power outage, solar panels caused the fire”
He said they were not allowed by the police to enter and assess to see the damages of their items, since the law enforcement units were present when the store caught by fire.
He is confident that there is still business, and very soon the Store will make other alternatives to open a new shop on a small scale.
The shopping complex is owned by a well-known businessman Mr. Paul Coimbra.