By Staff Reporter
THE National Petroleum Corporation of Namibia (NAMCOR) has proudly reached an overall COVID -19 vaccination status of 82% for the entire company.
In a media statement, NAMCOR announced that in its efforts to combat and curb the spread of COVID-19, has implemented various initiatives throughout the company.
These initiatives included: – Offering all employees a special leave day in order to get vaccinated
– Hosting a mobile clinic at its head office to address employees’ queries and to administer vaccinations
– Conducting medical workshops and information/educational sessions internally
– Hosting various internal media campaigns to encourage employees to research the various available vaccines in order to make an informed decision on the type of vaccines that works best for them
– Conducting a Vax & Win competition where employees stand a chance to win cash prizes through a lucky draw
– Providing an option to the remaining unvaccinated employees to either get vaccinated or alternatively, present weekly negative test results.
The Petroleum utility giant in Namibia said it has responded to the government’s request to have more Namibians to get vaccinated against COVID-19.
“NAMCOR has done its part through the abovementioned interventions not only to provide a safe and secure work environment for its staff and stakeholders, but also to contribute to the nations’ drive to improve the national vaccination rate, with the aim to achieve herd immunity.”
The statement also revealed the current vaccination status of NAMCOR as follows: – Head Office (Windhoek) 84%, National Oil Storage Facility (Walvis Bay) 80% , NAMCOR Depots (Otjiwarongo & Gobabis) 55% Which brings the total of all vaccinated employees at 82%.
Managing Director of NAMCOR, Mr. Immanuel Mulunga explained that, “NAMCOR continues to relentlessly implement its vaccination directive throughout the company to have as many NAMCOR staff members vaccinated to maintain a healthy and productive workforce.”
He further added that “NAMCOR is the legally enacted entity under the Namibian Companies Act of 1973 with the Government of the Republic of Namibia as its primary stakeholder. Acting under the Petroleum (Exploration and Production) Act of 1991, NAMCOR has the mandate to carry our reconnaissance, exploration, and production operations.”